Today I’m starting a four-part series on Stash Management. There are a lot of people out there in craftland who feel overwhelmed and stressed when they enter their craft space – and we don’t want that! So let’s do something about it – together! Follow along over the next month or so, and spend some time managing that stash!
PART 1: ASSESS THE SITUATION
How do I even know if I have a problem?
Ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you feel overwhelmed every time you walk into your sewing area?
- Have you not sewn for ages because you can’t find anything?
- Have you lost your sewjo (motivation to sew)?
- Do you just buy fabric and then put it away, too stressed by all your other fabric, to make anything?
- Do you have a lot of stuff, and would like to get rid of some of it, and make a little money?
- Is there fabric in your stash you no longer love, and know you’ll never use?
- Do you not even know what you have?
- Do you feel guilty when you buy new fabric because of all the fabric you already have?
- Have you taken to hiding new purchases, or have run out of room for the new stuff?
- Do you buy duplicates because you couldn’t remember buying it the first time?
- Do you feel the “high” when you buy fabric, followed by buyer’s remorse when you realise you didn’t need it, and you already have “too much” fabric?
If you’ve answered “yes” to any of these questions, it would definitely be a blessing to you to do some stash management. It could free up time, space, and money for you. You’ll feel so much happy and at peace when you enter your sewing space – which is definitely good for your physical and mental health.
When you can find your supplies, and your current projects, and have the space and freedom to plan new projects, I promise it will bring so much joy to your life.
If you’re on Instagram, take some photos of your stash before you get started, and then along the way. Tag them with the hashtag #sewsorted so we can encourage one another. And please tag me @coleandtaffy – I’d love to see your progress and cheer you on!
I’ve been helping a couple of friends sort through their stashes, and here is what they said:
“I feel so HAPPY at the prospect of resolving my stash.”
“Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have had real joy in my life today!!”
This could be you!!!
And…this gave me the idea for a new project I’ve been working on! Stay tuned for some exciting news 🙂
Part 2: Set Your Goals, will be along next week!
Till next time,